Monday, January 26, 2009

Your favorite?

Let me start off by saying I LOVE Sarah Dessen's writing.

And I can't wait for Along for the Ride, which has been recently reviewed by Reviewer X (!!)

So I am curious. Which Sarah Dessen book is your favorite?



  • That Summer

  • Someone Like You

  • Keeping the Moon

  • Dreamland

  • This Lullaby

  • The Truth About Forever

  • Just Listen

  • Lock and Key



At the age of twelve I was an avid mystery and supernatural lover. My reading preference was very limited, unlike now (I pretty much read everything). One faithful April day, I was at the library, it was my first time at the Young Adult section, and I saw Keeping the Moon. I pretty much read and finished it the same day. And surprisingly, LOVED it! I loved Norman, I loved the whole make over aspect of the book, I loved basically everything about it. I'll admit I haven't reread the book since seventh grade but I think I will especially after reading Adele's recent chapter commentaries.


Lock and Key is right up there with Keeping the Moon.



ETA: I TOTALLY forgot to mention Just Listen! Thanks guys in the comment section for reminding me. =) So I guess it's a tie between Lock and Key and Just Listen. And you would know why, if you read it's amazingness (is that a word. *Does a google search and finds urban dictionary definition* good enough for me)





So anyhoo, what's YOUR favorite Sarah Dessen book? And favorite SD male protagonist?


12 comments:

  1. DEXTER.

    And - This Lullaby. But Along for the Ride is really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was younger, I refused to read anything other than Sharon Creech. My mom made me read some book about a homeless person who froze to death at the end...I wasn't too experimental for a while afterward.

    My first and favorite WAS Someone Like You, but her more recent ones are getting really good. I think I'd chose Just Listen as my favorite, but Lock and Key was fabulous as well. AND I'm very excited for Along for the Ride, but I probably won't get an ARC (which is okay with me, that way I get to read the finished copy and have a hardcover of it.)

    I really liked Macon, his name is really cool, and although I know I'm not supposed to like him, I do. 2nd place goes to that guy from Lock and Key...I forget his name, but he was awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Listen! Oh, Annabel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out! Umm my fave is Just Listen - I just love Annabel and Owen. I think the universal nature of teenage girl's cruelty to one another is real well address but I love the use of music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmmm.... I'm so horrible, I haven't read any of hers. In my defence, I almost never read new books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lock and Key was my first sarah dessen book and remains to be my favorite!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG you guys she made me realize what a idiot I am and I totally forgot to mention Just Listen. I loved it, and I think Adele said all as to why it was amazing.

    I didn't really like This Lullaby surprisingly. I thought during the whole time Remy was with Dexter all she wanted to do was looking for reasons to break up with him. And I guess she was but still it annoyed me. But I do remember loving Dexter, kinda hard not to. (Hate Spinnerbait)

    Liana- Shame on you! You should read one of her books right now.

    KD- Yep loved Lock and Key, and it's whole atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, I know, I'm horrible. Shame on me. They are on my to-read list, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that Just Listen is by far her best book! The use of music left a lasting impression. I just read a book called Rowan of the Wood have you guys heard of it? It's a fantasy book (which I am new to) but I really dug it. It just brought me into this new Celtic culture and fantasy.. here's some reviews about it (http://www.rowanofthewood.com/reviews.html)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love The Truth About Forever and Wes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Truth About Forever is my favourite! :)

    ReplyDelete