Friday, June 18, 2010

Book Review: Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers


Perfect Parker Fadley isn’t so perfect anymore. She’s quit the cheerleading squad, she’s dumped her perfect boyfriend, and she’s failing school. Her parents are on constant suicide watch and her counselors think she’s playing games… but what they don’t know, the real reason for this whole mess, isn’t something she can say out loud. It isn’t even something she can say to herself.


A horrible thing has happened and it just might be her fault.



This book was a pretty powerful book. I absolutely loved Parker’s voice, she was blunt, uncaring of what she said, and honest which made the book funny in her depressing state.


There were times I could relate to Parker, like her grades and etc. The supporting characters were interesting and kept the story going. The romance part of the novel was unusually interesting. I was surprised by how much I liked Chris, the “perfect boyfriend” she broke because he still loved her even after her major transformation. The ending was perfect in every way, everything came to a full circle and left me content with whole novel. I definitely recommend this book.



1 comment:

  1. I really need to read this one. Every review I have read has been so good and I don't know why I have waited this long to read it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete