Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Two Book Series That Got Me Into Supernatural

In January 2006 I was given a very brand new laptop and I rarely used it. Until that summer of 2006, boredom hit me. And I used that laptop not to play Blasterball but go on amazon and search for books! (I was a very nerdy seventh grader, still nerdy)

And one day while searching for books I came across Blue Is for Nightmare series written by Laurie Stolarz.

Ever since 2006, I have been in love with this series. Unfortunately, I haven't read the books since then because my stupid library lost copies of the White is for Magic. (Must acquire money to buy the series!)


Anyhow, imagine my surprise when I find out that a new book will be released in the series called BLACK IS FOR BEGINNINGS. September 2009. Next month!

The book is going to be a graphic novel and not just a novel-novel, which I wish it was. But oh well beggars can't be choosers.


(More info here)



The next book series was found simultaneously as the BLN series it is The Seer Series (total of five books published in the series) authored by Linda Singleton. This was found by the clever "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" feature that Amazon has each book's web page.


And just like BLN series I was freaking estastic to learn that this will also have a sixth book to the originally five books in the series. The book is called MAGICIAN'S MUSE, the 6th THE SEER in September of 2010. Long wait but its coming.


(Cover not available yet but I shall post when it is)



As well as these new books both Laurie Stolarz and Linda Joy Singleton are currently in the midst of publishing/completing new series, they are The Touch series and the Dead Girl series, respectively.


I have yet to read the Dead Girl series but I'm pretty sure I would enjoy it.

But I can tell you for a fact I loved the Deadly Little Secrets the first book in the series. Can not wait for book 2 Deadly Little Lies.


So these are the first two book series to really get me into Supernatural books like these. So thank you Laurie Stolarz and Linda Singleton.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm....I wonder what Annoymous said.

    Anyway, it's so cool what you said about my books. I'm really honored (g).

    I hope you get a chance to check out the DEAD GIRL trilogy. Wait till you get to #3 DEAD GIRL IN LOVE -- it's really romantic with a dangerous villain who is after Amber's heart and soul.

    And just for fun, I'm writing a short story called SABINE MEETS DEAD GIRL which (I hope) to post on my blog when it's ready.

    Some freebies, too, on myspace.com page (under my full name) -- a fan packet which you already qualify for if you want to request one. Check it out!

    And thanks again for being such a cool fan (g).

    Linda Joy Singleton

    ReplyDelete