It's been the growing internet sensation, Twitter. You know it's something when you hear news people on CNN ( mostly Don Lemon), tewlling you to folow them on Twitter.
But yeah I've been wanting to join except I don't know if I should. Adele from Persnickety Snark, basically scared me (sorta) here, in the comment section, about the horrors of getting a Twitter. But I have this sick curiosity of seeing what the hell its about. I mean I have a MySpace, Facebook, and .... no Twitter.
Pros of getting a Twitter:
- Many bloggers have, can connect with them more better.
- Many authors have, can connect with them more.
- Sounds like fun.
- Bored online, always can tweet about being so. You can't let ever body no any other way.
- It's the only time when you can stalk people, and it would be socially acceptable. (Not that I have urges to stalk people in real life....I don't, requires too much work)
- I procrastinate too much, this will not help. (But then again, I find other ways to procrastinate)
But I have a question. When you join:
1) Do you get email updates of every single tweet a person you are following? Because that would of be very annoying. I'm already a subscriber to all kinds of online newsletter, half of which I don't remember doing so. And not to mention I get all these spam littering my email inbox.
2) Do you get an email update whenever someone responds to a tweet of yours?